It's a cut-throat digital age, and the little things are what's going to set your business and brand apart from the competition.
Let's talk about Google my Business - GMB for short.
What is it? Why is it important? How does it work?
Continue reading for these answers and subtle yet powerful tips you'll be able to implement today!
Google has reported that 46% of searches intend to showcase locality and boost businesses for results in specific areas where they exist.
The most seamless way to show up in search results on the first page of Google is to have a GMB account.
Google my Business can also integrate marketing ventures, making for a massive advantage for all local businesses. As a result, it's not a bland business listing but a robust tool that every business should be taking advantage of.
Let's get into it!
What is Google My Business?
It's a free marketing tool that lets you manage how your business appears on Google search results, including Google maps.
The necessary aspects of your business/brand are presented to potential customers, such as the name, address, contact information, website, and hours.
To get your GMB up and running, all you'll need to do is visit https://business.google.com/ > create an account > verify you own the business.
It's arguably the most critical step for a successful local SEO strategy. Of course, you'll also start gathering google reviews once your GMB is created!
Why it’s important for local marketing.
Still on the fence? - Here are five massive capabilities that are sure to change your mind. 🙃
- When searching for products & services on google, the first thing you're presented with are sponsored advertisements. Following that is a local 3-pack, which could be your business. As a result, your business will appear before the organic search results!
- It's another opportunity to provide real-time updates and behind-the-scenes information on your business, just like social accounts! If you're pumping out a lot of content, which I know you are, repurposing content onto GMB can only help you skyrocket your return.
- Customers trust communication through Google. When a real-time lead comes through, you're able to take advantage of that and even communicate with them through the purchase process. Google's back-end is so advanced that it gathers data on said lead and can keep note when/if that lead ends up leaving a positive (high star) review in the future. Guess what? That means Google will continuously boost you in the rankings if you're taking care of the people they send in your direction! 🤯
- In a recent 2021 survey, consumers reported they trust reviews they see on google much more than the reviews displayed on your website. The numbers were staggering. A whopping 73% said they trust direct google reviews over other forms. Furthermore, reviews make up over 10% of the reasoning behind what search engines choose to display.
- A data-backed survey conducted by Google concluded that businesses are 70% more likely to attract local visits from users who browse by Google my Business listings.
This is just one way to utilize Google as a tool to hit your business goals and grow your brand. If you need some assistance with getting your Google my Business account set up, just let us know!
From you friends at PolishedCode; We don't win unless you do.